Dr. Muhammad Naseem Khan
Message from the Director
Associate Professor Dr. Muhammad Naseem Khan is the Director of IPH&SS who has earned his PhD from the University of Liverpool, UK in the field of Public Health. The mission of our Institute is to conduct teaching sessions, promote research culture and to generate sustainable healthier society in Pakistan. We believe in promoting equitable, effective, evidence-based interventions for decreasing the Public Health problems that are faced by both rural and urban societies. We accomplish our aim by bringing together best talents in the area of Public Health, providing our future scholars with a dynamic educational environment wherein they could make a difference in the future to come.
We offer our students a wide range of Public Health opportunities:
- Masters in Health Research (MHR duration two years- 06 modules)
- Diploma in Health Research (DipHR duration 1 year- 03 modules)
- Certificate in Health Research (CertHR duration 6 months- 02 modules)
- Masters of Public Health (MPH duration 2 years)- with sub specialities of hospital administration, NCD and MNCH
- Mphil Community Dentistry (duration 2 years)
- Diploma in Family Medicine (DFM duration 1 year- on job plus face to face sessions)
- Diploma in Diabetology (DD 2 years- in collaboration with the Department of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, MTI HMC)
- MS Epidemiology & Biostatistics (MSc Epi & Biostats duration 2 years- 06 modules)
- PhD in Public Health (PhD Public Health duration 3-4 years)
- Certificate in Palliative Care (6 months)
IPH&SS being the leading public health institute in Pakistan has conducted many projects for the development of communities and research with active involvement of the current and alumni students. Pakistan needs more than 60,000 trained general practitioners (GPs) to run the primary health care facilities (BHU and RHCs). IPH&SS KMU has volunteered herself for this gigantic task and establishes a family medicine department within IPH&SS and hired GPs with more than two decades of experience in the UK as family physians. KMU is not only offering diploma in family medicine but working hand in hand with the department of health and WHO to pilot the family practice approach in 12 districts of Pakistan- the public health experts call it a game changer in the health system of Pakistan.
The only Public Health Reference Laboratory (PHRL) of KP Government has been established in KMU- a joint venture of IPH and IBMS KMU, Department of Health KP and NIH Islamabad. This is the 2nd PHRL of the country after NIH and the only one in any province. This laboratory is linked with the surveillance system of department of health KP for the infectious diseases such as Dengue fever, Influenza, Measles, Diphtheria, Polio, Hemorrhagic fever and others. The results will be given at earliest to the department for accurate diagnosis of outbreak prone diseases and thus will save many lives.
We invite you to discover the openings that the Institute of Public Health & Social Sciences, at KMU can offer you to shape an improved and healthy future together.