Dr. Zia Ul Haq
List of Publications:
Individual impact factor 48.03
1. Ul-Haq Z, Mackay DF, Fenwick E, Pell JP. Meta-analysis of the association between body mass index and health-related quality of life among adults, assessed by the SF-36. Obesity 2013;21(3):E322-7.
2. Ul-Haq Z, Mackay DF, Fenwick E, Pell JP. Meta-analysis of the association between body mass index and health related quality of life among children and adolescents, assessed using the PedsQL index. J Pediatr 2013;162(2):280-286.
3. Ul-Haq Z, Mackay DF, Fenwick E, Pell JP. Impact of metabolic comorbidity on the association between body mass index and health-related quality of life: a Scotland-wide cross-sectional study of 5,608 participants. BMC Public Health 2012;12:143.
4. Ul-Haq Z, Mackay DF, Fenwick E, Pell JP. Association between body mass index and mental health among Scottish adult population: a cross-sectional study of 37,272 participants. Psychological Medicine, 2014;44:1-10.
5. Ul-Haq Z, et al. Heaviness, Health and Happiness: A Cross-Sectional Study of 163,066 UK Biobank Participants. J Epidemiol Community Health, 2014;68:340-348.
6. Ul-Haq Z, Smith D, Nicholl Barbara, et al. Gender differences in the association between adiposity and probable major depression: a cross-sectional study of 140,564 UK Biobank participants. BMC Psychiatry 2014;14.153.
7. Ul-Haq Z, Association between self-reported general and mental health and adverse outcomes; a retrospective cohort study of 19,625 Scottish adults. PLoS One 2014;9(4):e93857.
8. Ishtiaque I, Shafique K, Ul-Haq Z, et al. Water-Pipe Smoking and Albuminuria: New Dog with Old Tricks. PloS ONE 2014;9(1):e85652.
9. Smith D, Nicholl B, Cullen B, Martin D, Ul-Haq Z et al. Prevalence and characteristics of probable major depression and bipolar disorder within 2 UK Biobank: Cross-sectional study of 172,751 participants. PlOS ONE, 2013,8(11):E75362
10. Shafique K, Mirza S, Vart P, Memon A, Arain M, Tareen M, Ul-Haq Z. Areca nut chewing and systemic inflammation: evidence of a common pathway for systemic diseases. Journal of Inflammation, 2012, 9:22.
11. Ul-Haq Z, Mackay DF, Pell JP. Association between physical and mental health-related quality of life and adverse outcomes; a retrospective cohort study of 5,272 Scottish adults. BMC Public Health 2014.
12. Martin D, Ul-Haq Z, Nicholl et al. Cardiometabolic disease and mood disorders: cross-sectional study of 145,995 participants in UK Biobank. Plos Medicine (in press).
13. Cullen B, Smith DJ, Nicholl BI, Mackay DF, Evans JJ, Martin D, Ul-Haq Z, Deary IJ, Roberts B, McIntosh A, Gill JMR, Gallacher J, Craddock N, Hotopf M, Pell JP. Mood disorder, psychotropic medication and cognitive performance: cross-sectional study of 143,828 participants in UK Biobank. JAMA Psychiatry Submitted
14. Roberts B, Allerhand M, Pell JP, Gallacher J, Mackay DF, Ul-Haq Z, Martin D, Smith DJ, Gill J, Nicholl B, Cullen B, Evans J, Hotopf M, Craddock N, Deary I. Diabetes, cognition and ethnicity: a cross-sectional examination of UK Biobank participants. Diabetes Care Submitted
15. Nicholl BI, Mackay DF, Cullen B, Martin DJ, Ul-Haq Z, Mair FS, Evans J, Gill JMR, McIntosh A, Roberts B, Gallacher J, Deary IJ, Pell JP, Smith DJ. Chronic multisite pain in major depression and bipolar disorder: cross-sectional study of 149,612 participants in UK Biobank. BMC Medicine submitted
Abstracts and Presentations
Papers accepted for presentations in the following conferences:
v Royal Statistical Society, London (July 2012)
v 140th Annual Meeting, American Public Health Association's and Exposition San Fransico, CA (Oct 2012)
v Weight Stigma Conference, University of Birmingham (May 2013)
v 46th Annual Society for Epidemiologic research, Boston, Massachusetts ( June 2013)
v Annual Health Research Conference, Khyber Medical University, Peshawar, Pakistan, (Feb 2013 and Feb 2014)
v Global Health Conference, University of Yale, New Haven, USA, (April 2014)